Resultat 1 till 5 av 5

Ämne: ? X2000 Copenhagen - Stockholm, Travel time / Early connection

Passagerare
    Medlem
    mar 2019

? X2000 Copenhagen - Stockholm, Travel time / Early connection

Hello!

I am very sorry, I don't speak Swedish so please excuse my English :)
    The X2000 service Copenhagen - Stockholm has been improved over the years:
    Every 2 hours between both capitals is rather good!

But there are some things making me curious:

- The X2000 travel time over the Öresundsbron is from Denmark to Sweden 5 minutes longer
    than from Sweden to Denmark + the stay in Malmö C is very short on travels to Denmark, but it's 11 minutes for travels to Stockholm,
    Whats the reason behind that? Is it a because of a buffer for potential border controls for Sweden-inbound-travels?

- Does the international X2000 use the Malmö-tunnel or do they use the above-ground station?
    If it's the latter, what might be the reason for that? I think in the past they all used the Malmö tunnel

- Why is there no early departure from Copenhagen to Stockholm?
    The first train leaves Denmark at 8:23 (after that, it's every 2 hours until late at night).
    In my opinion, esp. for business travel, the most important train would be a 6:20 from Copenhagen to Stockholm
    (of course, one can always change trains in Malmö but it's not so attractive)

Are there more international improvements / changes for 2020 timtable?
    THANKS for all your information :)

Avstängd
    Medlem
    mar 2018

Sv: ? X2000 Copenhagen - Stockholm, Travel time / Early connection

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JumpUp Visa inlägg
    Hello!

I am very sorry, I don't speak Swedish so please excuse my English :)
    The X2000 service Copenhagen - Stockholm has been improved over the years:
    Every 2 hours between both capitals is rather good!

But there are some things making me curious:

- The X2000 travel time over the Öresundsbron is from Denmark to Sweden 5 minutes longer
    than from Sweden to Denmark + the stay in Malmö C is very short on travels to Denmark, but it's 11 minutes for travels to Stockholm,
    Whats the reason behind that? Is it a because of a buffer for potential border controls for Sweden-inbound-travels? Yes

- Does the international X2000 use the Malmö-tunnel or do they use the above-ground station? Tunnel, unless there is a operational reason to use the overground station.
    If it's the latter, what might be the reason for that? I think in the past they all used the Malmö tunnel

- Why is there no early departure from Copenhagen to Stockholm?
    The first train leaves Denmark at 8:23 (after that, it's every 2 hours until late at night).
    In my opinion, esp. for business travel, the most important train would be a 6:20 from Copenhagen to Stockholm
    (of course, one can always change trains in Malmö but it's not so attractive)

Are there more international improvements / changes for 2020 timtable? Noone knows. The applications for 2020 are not due yet.
    THANKS for all your information :)
    Some answers above in red

Passagerare
    Medlem
    feb 2018

And, the border control is quite frequent som not just "potential".

1. Klass
    Medlem
    feb 2019

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Mattias C Visa inlägg
    And, the border control is quite frequent som not just "potential".
    Yes, the border control is a frequent occurrence which means that you should always have a national identification card when crossing the border.

Senast redigerat av Axel L den 2019-03-19 klockan 23:30:17.

Passagerare
    Medlem
    feb 2018

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Axel L Visa inlägg
    Yes, the border control is a frequent occurrence which means that you should always have a national identification card when crossing the border.
    If JumpUp is a EU/EEA national, a national ID will do. Otherwise a passport with valid visa (if applicable) is a requirement.

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •